Fragrant Rose Petal Potpourri
Rose petals have a sweet, calming scent. Create a beautifully fragrant bowl of potpourri that leaves a gorgeous floral scent in your home quickly and easily.
You will need:
To make Rose Potpourri:
- Dried rose petals
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
- Rose water or rose oil (Optional)
- Glass jar
- Place rose petals and lavender into the jar.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the flowers.
- Add 4 to 5 drops of rose oil or rose water on the potpourri.
- Close the jar and shake.
- Leave in a warm, dry place for 24 hours. Shake again.
- Seal jar until ready to use.
Infused Rose Petal Oil
Pamper yourself with some infused rose oil to moisturize your body. These rose oil indulgences are the best medicine to de-stress and rejuvenate yourself.
To make Rose Oil:
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan and remove from heat.
- Pour some oil (olive or almond oil) in a jar
- Place some crushed or shredded rose petals into the oil. Use organic and chemical-free roses.
- Cover the jar and place the jar into the warmed water. This will warm up your oil which help your rose scents infused into the oil.
- Once the water has cooled, you can remove your jar and keep in a warm place for 24 hours.
- Use a strainer or cheesecloth to strain the petals. Press the petals on the strainer to extract the oil. This will make your rose oil more fragrant.
- To make the rose oil stronger, repeat the above steps by adding fresh petals.
- Store your rose oil in a dark bottle or jar.
Rose Petals are Delicious
Roses are not only fragrant, but they are also delicious and nutritious. Sprinkle some fresh rose petals onto salads, desserts, and smoothies. Rose bud tea is fantastic beverage to sip on as you start your day. Ensure your flowers are organic and chemical-free before consuming.
Aromatic Rose Water
Rose water is not only wonderfully fragrant but also very beautiful and can be used in so many ways. You can use your homemade rose water as a facial toner, refreshing mist, skin hydrator, hair conditioner, reduces puffy eyes.
Roses have anti-bacterial properties and your sweet rose water can used as mouthwash alternative. After brushing your teeth, swish some rose water in your mouth for a little sweet rose breath.
Rose water will hydrate and revitalize your skin. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties will help strengthen skin cells, reduce redness and help pores tighten. Place a little chilled rosewater on some cottons balls and apply to eyes. This helps reduce puffiness and get rid of redness.
Rose water also makes an excellent makeup remover. Not only does it remove the makeup, it will also deeply nourish your skin.
Dried Rose Petals
Drying your rose petals is inexpensive and simple to do. You can dry your rose petals in the oven. First, you will need separate your rose petals from the buds, wash them well, and lay each petal on a cookie sheet. Set your oven on low heat and place your petals inside. Check your petals occasionally and until they are dry. Take you dried petals out of the oven and store in a container until they are need. That's all there is to it!
You can also dry your rose petals at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Just place your petals on a tray or screen and let them air dry.
Rose Petal Bath Bombs
Store bought bath bombs are a pricey indulgence. Good news is you can make these luxurious rose bath bombs yourself.
You will need:
To make rose bath bombs:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid (or substitute with a few drops of lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup Dried Crushed Rose Petals
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt or Sea Salt
- 2 tsp of Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- bath bomb mold
- Mix baking soda, citric acid, and salt together.
- Mix melted coconut oil and vanilla extract together.
- Slowly add a few drops of the wet mixture to the dry ingredients until the mixture forms a sandy consistency.
- Add a pinch of rose petals to your mold and fill in the rest with your mixture.
- Leave your molded mixture to dry overnight in a cool spot.
- Take out of mold and enjoy your rose bath bomb!
Regrow Your Rose Stems
You can enjoy a rose plant every day by re-rooting your stems. Cut 1 inch off the bottom of your rose stem. Dip in rooting hormone and place in a sandy soil. Water and enjoy rose bush!